Today’s State LICA Insurance Program has been built over 20 years and now represents 14 State LICA chapters, with over a 1,000 policyholders. Contractors in the program have collected over $4 million in dividends.
Isn’t it time you checked out what this program can do for you?
Iowa LICA started in 1995, when the Iowa chapter of LICA contacted Prins to create an insurance product for its members. We worked with Hawkeye Security, a Des Moines insurance company, to create a program with these base requirements:
- Coverage had to address the unique exposures faced by LICA contractors. The initial classes of business included land grading, excavation, drainage, irrigation and site prep work.
- Contractors had to be a member of LICA to qualify for the State LICA Insurance Program. It was considered a member benefit.
- Each account was to be individually underwritten based off its own merits, losses and type of work done. Membership did not automatically guarantee policy issuance.
- Safety was to be rewarded through a group dividend program. The combined premiums and losses for all insured contractors was to be reviewed annually. If certain criteria were met, a return of premium dividend would be issued back to each policy holder.
- Access to the insurance program must be simple. Any contractor could go to their own agent-of-choice to get into the program.